As the current EU Russia embargo shows in an exemplary way, EU embargoes and sanctions are becoming increasingly complex. In addition to personal sanctions, import and export bans and licensing requirements, they also include other measures such as capital market restrictions. Violations of these sanctions can result in severe penalties against companies, but also against the people involved in the transaction.? Thus, it is critical to have a at least basic overview of the applicable EU embargoes and sanctions and to know how to organize and implement appropriate measures to observe these regulations.
Understand the concept of EU embargoes and how to establish internal processes to comply with embargo regulations.
• Which embargoes are relevant for my company?
• Do I have to comply with US sanctions?
• What regulations do the embargoes contain?
• Could my business be affected by these embargoes?
• What precautions do I need to take to meet compliance requirements?
Management board, heads of departments, export control officers and compliance managers of EU and third-country companies